Word Of The Day:











His words:

Watch out! The Clock Is Ticking!

The Singing Box

Thursday, December 27, 2007

KangHo writes a story about mum.

Jool's story

Chapter 1: A blessing from God.

It was a cloudy day, at a very dull morning. I woke up from a sweet deep sleep and felt the weather was in fact pretty cooling. I started to open my mouth as wide as a hippo and yawned so loud till the birds that were standing outside the window singing flew away. It was quite refreshing to have such a morning but unfortunately, it was really dull because it was about to rain. Things started to go a little out of control and the clouds started to fight and clashed. Soon, I saw a few drops of water droplets falling down from the cloudy sky and I began to sit at my chair and think about what I should do with my spare time. It was a Sunday, but it was raining which brings no meaning of fun. My mind started to flashback that I once read a book that said, "No Sun, No Fun.". The rain started to fall and going from heavy to heavier, and mum started shouting and yelling from downstairs telling me to keep the clothes away from the rain. It was from then I started realizing that I didn’t have a reason to sit at my chair and day dream about something. Few minutes later, I stood up and pushed my rusty chair aside. I walked towards the door of my room that was closed and the door opened and smashed into my face. My mind turned blank and I fell down on the floor with pain. My emotion started to change and when I opened my eyes and saw what happened, I saw my mother in front of me. Her hardworking hands seemed rough, her hands started to approach me and I started to imagine. My imagination told me “Heaven is near to me.”. But, something contrasting happened eventually, my mum’s hands started to approach me and grabbed on my shirt. She held my shirt so hard, until I couldn’t even escape. I started to think, “Ahhh, mum is going to hit me.”. Surprisingly, she told me to get up and she wanted to give me something. The rain continued and never stopped, water splashing around with the wind blowing strongly towards the plants which made them shake. The cars were busy heading to their destination while there were some that went into the shopping mall that is just 5 blocks away from my house just to avoid the bloody rain. Mum gave me a wrapped box by placing it on my desk and told me to deliver it to the nearby neighbour, she told me to be careful incase I would get wet. But before I even started to go one step out my house, mum told me to collect the clothes with a basket and put it inside the house. Later on, I stood up and mum left, I saw the wrapped box was still on the desk where mum placed it. I moved forward and I was getting curious about what is inside the piece of wrapped cloth. It was wrapped tightly, it seemed impossible to remove the knot of the tied part. I started to guess what was inside the box, my first step was shaking it. I heard a sound hitting around the box , it was as if a little object that could mean something big. That situation surely made me become someone who will die for unlocking the secret inside that box. Mum started to yell as the rain continued, I quickly went downstairs and kept the clothes in.

After finishing the clothes, I went to take a bath. I opened the door and began to turn on the heater. I locked the door and took off my shirt, and I started to take my bath under the pleasant warm shower. The cool weather sure made me cold enough to freeze my brain. I started to think, “Should I open the box?”. I showered my whole body and took soap to clean myself. While I was still taking the shower, I was still wondering “What should I do to open the box?”, “Would it be a diamond inside?”. Soon, I finished my bath and started to wipe my body with the towel beside my basin. I wore my clothes and went out the bathroom, I went back into my room and approached the wrapped box. I had no idea what was inside the box. I went to the room next to mine and took out a hammer, I was thinking of hammering it. I went back into my room and took the hammer out, I held my hands high and was about to smash the wrapped box. Just when I was about to smash the box, my hand was seized by someone. I turned around and saw my mum with an angry expression. I started to think “Oh my gosh, mum is angry, I’m dead…”, mum started to question me and she asked, “What are you trying to do with the hammer, my child?”. I replied, “Uh.. nothing much.” She then yelled at me like a loud speaker, shouting and said, “Deliver the box now!”. I had no other ways but to follow, my mum is too much of a hot-tempered person, no one can control her or tell her what to do. Me and dad will always follow her ways without questioning, I stood still in shock. Mum sure frightened me, she left the room and banged the door loudly.

The rain still wasn’t stopping but the weather was getting better, people started to walk outside the road holding umbrellas and some dads were bringing their children to the amusement park near by. The rain became weaker and weaker, so I decided to take the wrapped box to deliver to the neighbour nearby. I placed my hammer on the table and started to hold the wrapped box. I could shake it like I was shaking ice inside a milk shake.

Soon, I went downstairs and put my shoes on. I started to open the door and brought an umbrella to assist me. I opened the umbrella and stepped out my house, I saw an empty street without anyone walking by. I walked near the neighbour’s house and rang the bell in front of her house. It sounded weird, as if the bell was spoiled. My neighbour came out with an umbrella and asked me “Yes?”, I told her that mum wanted me to deliver that wrapped box to her. She said, “Why yes, how kind of you to deliver this box to me, thank you very much.”. I told her my curiosity about the box and she started to tell me more about it. The rain soon stopped and the kids from next door and the opposite came out to play. 10 minutes later, she finished telling me what the box was about. I felt like I was very dumb because what that was contained inside that wrapped box was just little pieces of broken glass. Our neighbour wanted it for recycling purpose to get some money for buying a new blanket. Her old blanket was scratched and destroyed by her cat called “Presia”. I felt better after listening to what she said. I returned home and placed the umbrella back to where it was. I opened the door of mum’s room and saw her sleeping on the bed. I started to smile and think that mum is such a good person, although mum is a hot-tempered person, but she’s still so thoughtful and understanding. I had the best feeling ever thinking that I have such a good mum. It was a blessing from God for giving me a thoughtful mum. I will start to appreciate her from now on. I went back to my room and sat on the chair and fell asleep, into a deep sleep.

To be continued…

No comments: